Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Little At A Time


I often feel as though there is nothing can do about world hunger, poverty, injustice.   My contribution of time, my monetary donation, my small acts, all seem so inadequate in the face of such overwhelming injustice.  I was thinking about this after today's reading about Lazarus and the poor man.       
     As I was filling the strings of this tile with tangles, my hand did something wonky, and the pen slipped.  I ended up with a pen mark where I didn't want it, and a squiggly line where there should have been a smooth line.   Frustrating.  I thought it was ruined, and there was nothing I could do to fix it.  Then, I stopped looking at the tile as a whole, and focused on the problem area.  With patience, several small strokes, a couple of reinforced lines, and some unplanned fill-ins, it all came together to produce the finished tile.  There it is.....by focusing on one problem area, I can do what I can to make it better! 
     Mother Teresa said, "We cannot all do great things, but we can do all things with great love."  With love, I can reach out to the poor, the hungry, the victims of injustice.  With what I do have.  Where I am.  Now.  A little at a time. 
  
     "We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean.  But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something."  Mother Teresa

Be blessed,
     lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave any comments or questions, and I will get back to you.