Wednesday, March 11, 2015

How Is Your Lent Going?


I created this Zentangle after one night of a Lenten retreat at our church.  I find the act of creating helps me to digest what I have heard and to contemplate how I can apply it to my life.

     We are now three weeks into Lent.  This may be a good time to ask ourselves a few questions to see if we are on track.
     
     How is my prayer time going?  Am I praying more often than I did before Lent started?  Am I spending more time in God's Word?
     Have I attended Stations of the Cross, retreats, missions, or                              other church sponsored Lenten activities?   Have I gone to confession to receive the sacrament of reconciliation?
     How am I doing with almsgiving?  With fasting?  Did I give up something, or did I decide to do something positive, some random acts of kindness?  How is that going?

     Perhaps you, like me, find that some of these areas could use a little more attention.  Maybe you haven't started yet.  Don't worry, you still have time.  That's the wonderful thing about God.  He meets us right where we are!  Right in the middle of our muddled attempts.  Now is the time to get back on track, or to start.    

     Commitment to the Lenten practices of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving during Lent leads to an awareness of God and conversion of the heart.  These practices remind us of our baptismal identity as Priest, Prophet, and King, so that Easter morning we are ready to renew the vows of our faith.

     Be blessed!

*I used a string from the Tangle Patterns String Challenge  tanglepatterns.com/2015/03/tanglepatterns-string-147.html using string number 147.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave any comments or questions, and I will get back to you.